Seven local celebrities paired with GroundWorks DanceTheater dancers to benefit GroundWorks Education and Outreach programs in Northeast Ohio
On Saturday, April 27, 2013 at Windows on the River in Cleveland, seven local celebrities teamed up with GroundWorks DanceTheater artists to perform original duets as part of the fifth annual “It Takes Two” benefit gala. All proceeds supported GroundWorks education and outreach programs serving communities throughout Northeast Ohio.
Celebrity dancers included:
- Virginia (GiGi) Benjamin, Partner, Calfee Halter and Griswold, LLP
- Brad Bond, Vice President of Treasury, University Hospitals
- Susie Frazier, Artist and Designer
- Ronald (Ronn) Richard, President and CEO, The Cleveland Foundation
- Scot Rourke, President and CEO, OneCommunity
- Jill Snyder, Executive Director, MOCA Cleveland
- Kristie Van Auken, Senior Vice President Chief Marketing and Communications Officer, Akron Canton Airport
“Benefit attendees had an opportunity to show their appreciation for their favorite celebrity dance couple by casting votes through donations,” said David Shimotakahara, GroundWorks’ Executive Artistic Director.
The evening included cocktails and hors d’oeuvres beginning at 6:00 p.m. and a buffet dinner at 7:30. Celebrity dance performances began at 8:30 followed by dancing for all to the infectious rhythms of Moss Stanley and Nitebridge.
GroundWorks has been recognized by the Ohio Arts Council and the National Endowment for the Arts for its commitment to the community through its education and outreach programs. Under the direction of coordinator Mark Otloski, GroundWorks serves a diverse population of over 1,000 students each year through workshops and in partnership with the Young Audiences of Greater Cleveland, Arts In Education program.