Experience the Creativity & Passion of GroundWorks
- Date: Friday, July 31st and Saturday, August 1st. Add this performance to your calendar.
- Time: 8:45 p.m.
- Location: Glendale Cemetery, Akron, OH
- Tickets: Free
- The world-premiere of a Remora, choreographed by acclaimed choreographer Eric Michael Handman
- Boom Boom, choreographed by Executive Artistic Director David Shimotakahara
- A reprise of House Broken, choreographed by Miami-based choreographer and 2013 Princess Grace Award winner Rosie Herrera.
Featured Creative Residency Artists
Related Blog Posts
By Kathleen Folkerth, West Side Leader March 23, 2017 Downtown Akron - Artistic Director David Shimotakahara said GroundWorks DanceTheater’s upcoming performances on March 31 and April 1 at 7:30 p.m. at E.J. Thomas Hall will reflect
By Zachary Lewis, The Plain Dealer March 14, 2017 CLEVELAND, Ohio - The muses could not have been kinder to GroundWorks DanceTheater than they were going into the 2017 Spring Dance Series. Not only did
We are proud to reprise Salt Lake City-based choreographer Eric Handman’s highly-anticipated work “Remora” during our 2017 Spring Dance Series. Handman’s “Remora,” a critically-acclaimed “substantial and intensely physical work” first created with GroundWorks in 2015,
The timeless (and timely) themes of connectivity, changeability and transition will be explored in GroundWorks DanceTheater’s upcoming 2017 Spring Dance Series, featuring world premiere works by GWDT Artistic Director David Shimotakahara and Gina Gibney of