Experience the Creativity & Passion of GroundWorks
The Inaugural Series at E.J. Thomas Hall at the University of Akron
Experience the world premiere of two fascinating works in performances of passion intellect and humor by GroundWorks DanceTheater.
- Date: Thursday, March 5 & Friday, March 6, 2015. Add this performance to your calendar.
- Time: 7:30 PM
- Location: E.J. Thomas Hall, 198 Hill St, Akron, OH 44325
- Works: The world premier of two new Creative Residency works, one choreographed by Robert Moses and the other a collaboration with Aeolus Quartet
- Tickets: General Admission – $25.00. University of Akron Students – $10.00. Purchase tickets now!
GroundWorks DanceTheater will debut two new works as part of the company’s inaugural concert series at EJ Thomas Hall’s Contemporaries Series on March 5th & 6th, 2015. This series is the centerpiece of GroundWorks’ month-long University of Akron creative residency, which aims to grow the dance community throughout Akron. These performances will comprise three works including House of Sparrows, The Rub and Current Frame.
- The world-premiere of House of Sparrows, choreographed by Executive Artistic Director David Shimotakahara
- The world-premiere of The Rub, choreographed by Artist-in-Residence Robert Moses
- A reprise of Current Frame, choreographed by Artistic Associate Amy Miller (in collaboration with Kathryn Wells Taylor, Gary Lenington, Felise Bagley & Damien Highfield)