Experience the Creativity & Passion of GroundWorks
Returning to Cain Park’s Alma Theater for its 12th annual summer series, GroundWorks DanceTheater will present a world premiere by choreographer Eric Michael Handman and reprise two audience favorites from its extensive repertory.
- Date: Friday and Saturday, July 17 & 18 at 7:00 pm
Sunday, July 19 at 2:00 pm. Add this performance to your calendar.
- Location: Alma Theater, Cain Park, Cleveland Heights, OH
- Tickets: $25 Advance, $28 Day of show. Purchase tickets now!
- The world-premiere of a Remora, choreographed by acclaimed choreographer Eric Michael Handman
- Boom Boom, choreographed by Executive Artistic Director David Shimotakahara
- A reprise of House Broken, choreographed by Miami-based choreographer and 2013 Princess Grace Award winner Rosie Herrera.
Articles & Reviews
- The Plain Dealer – GroundWorks DanceTheater strikes rich vein yielding to art form’s roots (Preview)
- Roy Berko – GroundWorks DanceTheater Captivates at Cain Park (Review)
- Explore Dance – Disillusion, Low Burning Human Drama and The Blues Inspire GroundWorks DanceTheater’s Latest Triumph
- Cool Cleveland – DANCE REVIEW: GroundWorks DanceTheater at Cain Park
Featured Creative Residency Artists
Related Blog Posts
By Zachary Lewis, The Plain Dealer March 14, 2017 CLEVELAND, Ohio - The muses could not have been kinder to GroundWorks DanceTheater than they were going into the 2017 Spring Dance Series. Not only did
We are proud to reprise Salt Lake City-based choreographer Eric Handman’s highly-anticipated work “Remora” during our 2017 Spring Dance Series. Handman’s “Remora,” a critically-acclaimed “substantial and intensely physical work” first created with GroundWorks in 2015,
The timeless (and timely) themes of connectivity, changeability and transition will be explored in GroundWorks DanceTheater’s upcoming 2017 Spring Dance Series, featuring world premiere works by GWDT Artistic Director David Shimotakahara and Gina Gibney of
GroundWorks DanceTheater kicked-off their 12th annual Summer Series at Cain Park’s Alma Theater to high-capacity audiences and rave reviews. Over the course of the weekend GroundWorks performed two works, House Broken and Boom Boom from