Our team is excited to announce that we will be adding an integral role come this Fall. Please see the Job Opening posted below:
GroundWorks DanceTheater | Director of Development (part-time)
The Director of Development creates and oversees the implementation of a strategic approach to fundraising, which includes grant solicitation, major gifts, annual campaign, fundraising events, and in-kind resources. This position reports to the Executive Artistic Director.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Finance/Development Committee of the Board of Directors and Executive Director to create a fund development plan which increases revenues to support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Implement the fund development plan in accordance with ethical fundraising principles.
- Monitor and evaluate all fundraising activities to ensure that the fundraising goals are being successfully executed against the Strategic Plan.
- Develop and manage timelines for various fundraising activities to ensure strategic plans and critical fund raising processes are carried out in a timely manner.
- Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
- Oversee the planning and execution of special fundraising events.
- Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
- Direct capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives.
- Identify and develop corporate, community and individual prospects.
- Oversee the administration of the donor database.
- Coordinate in-kind donations and make decisions regarding the issuing of receipts.
- Must embrace the mission and vision of GroundWorks DanceTheater
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills
- Have knowledge and experience in all fund raising techniques
- Possess the skills and desire to build external relationships
- Be organized and exhibit follow-through on tasks and goals
- Hold a bachelor’s degree, at minimum
- 5 years minimum experience in professional fundraising
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- Basic technology skills required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and social media platforms
- General knowledge of customer relationship management database systems
- Experience in the arts and culture sector is a plus
- Marketing experience is a plus
Competitive/commensurate with experience and other qualifications
E-mail resume to Beth Rutkowski, firstname.lastname@example.org